The Essence of Leadership
- Play to peoples strengths.
- Be a role model.
- Ensure everyone knows what's important and what we are aiming to achieve then let them make their own decisions on how things are to be done to make this happen.
- Performance measures are a powerful way of showing people what is important.
a. Set the direction.
b. Celebrate progress.
c. Coach and mentor
- Set expectations of trust based on demonstrated trustworthiness and an individuals personal growth goals
- Support and coach people on their journey. Remember you can't travel for them (or it's not their journey)!
- Remember that ultimately great leadership is measured by the results achieved.
- Great leaders grow based on their extraordinary strengths not their lack of weakness.
So a starter for 10. Maybe I'll add some more thoughts on leadership later.